Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Familiarity

I realized the other day that I no longer notice how old the buildings are in Buckingham; everything just looks normal. I'm no longer surprised by what I see. And, I no longer think a lot about the accents (yes, I meant the plural, because there are a variety). I can sometimes even count out change, although it does take me a bit extra time. I know where to find things in the grocery store and what kinds to buy. Everything is becoming familiar.

I expect I will be surprised by everything when we return to Guelph: how new the buildings are, how wide the roads and sidewalks, how large the packages are in the grocery store. I don't think I will be surprised by the Canadian accent, however! We're keeping up on Canadian by watching episodes of Corner Gas on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment